History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

31, Grosvenor Road

A Grade II Listed Building in Oxton, Wirral

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.3883 / 53°23'17"N

Longitude: -3.0441 / 3°2'38"W

OS Eastings: 330656

OS Northings: 388449

OS Grid: SJ306884

Mapcode National: GBR 7Y58.R3

Mapcode Global: WH87D.63P8

Entry Name: 31, Grosvenor Road

Listing Date: 10 August 1992

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1292179

English Heritage Legacy ID: 389206

Location: Wirral, CH43

County: Wirral

Electoral Ward/Division: Oxton

Built-Up Area: Birkenhead

Traditional County: Cheshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Merseyside

Church of England Parish: Birkenhead Christ Church

Church of England Diocese: Chester

Find accommodation in
Birkenhead

Listing Text


BIRKENHEAD

SJ3088 GROSVENOR ROAD, Claughton
789-1/10/201 (East side)
No.31

GV II

House. c1844-48. By Charles Reed. Stucco with Welsh slate
roof. 2 storeys, symmetrical 3 bays with central entrance.
Portico porch flanked by canted bays with sash windows in
moulded lugged surrounds. Casement windows with margin lights
above, that to the centre with entablature carried on console
brackets. Moulded cornice and eaves projecting on brackets
above. End wall stacks. Forms part of the original development
at Claughton laid out by Reed during the 1840's -1850's.
(Map of Oxton and Claughton in 1844; Map of Claughton in 1848:
private collection).


Listing NGR: SJ3065688449

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Description


BIRKENHEAD

SJ3088 GROSVENOR ROAD, Claughton
789-1/10/201 (East side)
No.31

GV II

House. c1844-48. By Charles Reed. Stucco with Welsh slate
roof. 2 storeys, symmetrical 3 bays with central entrance.
Portico porch flanked by canted bays with sash windows in
moulded lugged surrounds. Casement windows with margin lights
above, that to the centre with entablature carried on console
brackets. Moulded cornice and eaves projecting on brackets
above. End wall stacks. Forms part of the original development
at Claughton laid out by Reed during the 1840's -1850's.
(Map of Oxton and Claughton in 1844; Map of Claughton in 1848:
private collection).


Listing NGR: SJ3065688449

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.