This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7498 / 51°44'59"N
Longitude: -0.3408 / 0°20'26"W
OS Eastings: 514633
OS Northings: 206984
OS Grid: TL146069
Mapcode National: GBR H89.BN1
Mapcode Global: VHGPQ.18PX
Entry Name: The Old Rectory
Listing Date: 8 May 1950
Last Amended: 27 August 1971
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1295703
English Heritage Legacy ID: 163462
Location: St. Albans, Hertfordshire, AL1
District: St. Albans
Town: St. Albans
Electoral Ward/Division: Verulam
Built-Up Area: St Albans
Traditional County: Hertfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hertfordshire
Church of England Parish: Abbey Parish of St Albans
Church of England Diocese: St.Albans
1582 The Old Rectory
TL 1406 NE 14/98 8.5.50.
Late C18, brick house of 2 storeys and attic, 5 windows, Hipped, tiled,
mansard roof with one central brick gabled dormer rising from parapet.
Low, brick parapet over broad string; another string at 1st floor level.
Left and right 1st floor windows and right ground floor windows blocked.
Other windows are sashes with glazing bars in near-flush box frames under
gauged, flat, brick arches, except for 2 inner ground floor Venetian windows
with interlacing glazing bars in round heads.
Central door of 4 fielded and 2 flat panels with cornice head and radial
fanlight in doorcase of order with open pediment over. NMR.
Listing NGR: TL1463306984
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings