This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.5301 / 51°31'48"N
Longitude: -0.1052 / 0°6'18"W
OS Eastings: 531531
OS Northings: 182950
OS Grid: TQ315829
Mapcode National: GBR N5.JN
Mapcode Global: VHGQT.4S7V
Plus Code: 9C3XGVJV+3W
Entry Name: 370, St John Street
Listing Date: 30 September 1994
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1297968
English Heritage Legacy ID: 369296
Location: Islington, London, EC1V
Electoral Ward/Division: Bunhill
Built-Up Area: Islington
Traditional County: Middlesex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Greater London
Church of England Parish: Clerkenwell St Mark
Church of England Diocese: London
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 19/07/2017
ST JOHN STREET (East side)
Former public house. Late C19, the ground-floor pub frontage possibly c.1900. Red brick with stone dressings, and possibly stucco to pub frontage, mansard roofs of Welsh slate.
Four storeys, irregular fenestration. Ground-floor pub frontage projects beyond right-hand return; two elliptical-arched entrances to either end, now blocked up; central flat-arched entrance flanked by Corinthian pilasters and consoles with, to either side, two canted bays with original panelled dadoes and glazing bars; fascia above central entrance and bays; above the end entrances an arrangement of three engaged Corinthian columns carrying an entablature and broken pediment over a grille of decorative wrought ironwork and plaster ornament of laurel sprays. The upper floors have segmental-arched windows to first and second floors and two flat-arched windows under a relieving arch to the third floor, all grouped under a shaped and pedimented gable to the left-hand side of the facade, and flanked by paired pilasters; aprons of decorative profile to second and third floors; moulded stone storey band. The right-hand bay is blank except for one segmental-arched window to second floor with decorative apron. Eaves cornice of stone. The right-hand return has four segmental-arched windows to first floor, the second blank, and three flat-arched windows to second floor, with aprons, the first two blank. Decorative iron cresting to the roof.
Listing NGR: TQ3153182950
Other nearby listed buildings