This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4167 / 51°25'0"N
Longitude: -0.8177 / 0°49'3"W
OS Eastings: 482315
OS Northings: 169292
OS Grid: SU823692
Mapcode National: GBR D7R.42W
Mapcode Global: VHDX2.SN2B
Plus Code: 9C3XC58J+MW
Entry Name: Keephatch Farmhouse
Listing Date: 12 November 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1303559
English Heritage Legacy ID: 41679
Location: Wokingham, Wokingham, RG40
Civil Parish: Wokingham
Built-Up Area: Wokingham
Traditional County: Berkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Berkshire
Church of England Parish: Wokingham
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
WOKINGHAM ccKEEPHATCH ROAD
SU 86 NW
10/17 Keephatch Farmhouse
Farmhouse, now house. Mid C16, extended and re-fronted C18. Part timber framed
with painted brick and plaster infill, part brick; old tile gabled roof. T-plan
of 3 x 1 framed bays; gables on north, east and south; Extension on south west,
long pent roof on north east. 2 storeys and attics. Large central chimney, and
one other tall stack on north. South west front:- C18 re-fronting and former
entrance. Brick with some vitreous headers, parapet and metal coping. 3 bays.
3-light windows with glazing bars and small sash in centre light, all under
segmental brick arches. C20 half glazed garden door in centre with planked,
hinged outer leaf, under flat, cantilevered hood with moulded cornice.
North west front:-Brick gable return to C18 extension on right; Yorkshire
sash with glazing bars on first floor, small 4-light casement at ground
floor on left. On left of this, timber framed part with long pent roof.
2 small C19 casement on first floor, C20 entrance door, part glazed, below
2-light leaded casement on ground floor at left. Interior:-most timber
frame exposed. Old washing copper and bread oven in kitchen which are at
the rear of and part of an inglenook fireplace facing into the sitting room.
Listing NGR: SU8269269181
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings