This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.7108 / 51°42'38"N
Longitude: -1.8803 / 1°52'49"W
OS Eastings: 408364
OS Northings: 201346
OS Grid: SP083013
Mapcode National: GBR 3R1.RDQ
Mapcode Global: VHB2S.C89B
Plus Code: 9C3WP469+8V
Entry Name: Stable Cottage, Eastington House and Adjoining Former Coach House
Listing Date: 26 November 1958
Last Amended: 17 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1304934
English Heritage Legacy ID: 129832
Location: Ampney St. Peter, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL7
Civil Parish: Ampney St. Peter
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Ampney St Peter with St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
SP 00 SE
AMPNEY ST. PETER
LONDON ROAD (north side)
Stable Cottage, Eastington House and adjoining former Coach House (formerly listed as "Cottage (formerly stable block to Eastington House)")
Cottage incorporating attached coach house/stable in yard of Eastington House. Cottage dated 1648 with initials WCE on south side, coach house now partly incorporated in cottage, of late C19.
Cottage of rubble stone, stone slate roof, stone end stack to left with offset. Single range with small lean-to to left, single storey and attic. South side had originally only two small gables each with hollow-moulded two-light stone mullions with square hoodmould. Two-light to right on ground floor, three-light to left with pointed relieving arch and datestone between. Plain iron casements. Now incorporating third gable in C19 coach house/stable with two-light stone mullion with square hoodmould over three-light with segmental relieving arch, both windows at higher level than original cottage. Rest of south wall blind. On north side, cottage has one gable to right with two-light stone mullion and square hoodmould to each floor. C20 porch to left and flat-roofed dormer over.
Coach house has C20 windows to right and end stack, segmental-headed arch in centre with flush quoins and voussoirs, swept down roof to stable on left with two-light stone mullion with original C19 stalls, manger and brick floor still intact.
Listing NGR: SP0836401346
Other nearby listed buildings