This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.9883 / 51°59'17"N
Longitude: -1.7033 / 1°42'11"W
OS Eastings: 420468
OS Northings: 232245
OS Grid: SP204322
Mapcode National: GBR 4PB.864
Mapcode Global: VHBYZ.F9C3
Entry Name: Manor House Hotel
Listing Date: 25 August 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1305911
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126684
Location: Moreton-in-Marsh, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL56
Civil Parish: Moreton-in-Marsh
Built-Up Area: Moreton-in-Marsh
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Moreton-in-Marsh St David
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 MORETON-IN-THE-MARSH HIGH STREET
Manor House Hotel
SP 2032 SW 2/1 25.8.60
Dated 1658, altered in C18; altered, greatly extended and largely modernised with
modern features in C20. Ashlar with parapet band and parapet, modern double pantile
roof with modern dormers. Three bay house, with additional 2 bays to left, all brought
into one. Two storeys and attics, 5 windows, sashes with glazing bars and, 1, 4,
5 and 6 light stone mullioned casements with dripmoulds. Two-storey gabled porch
with Jacobean cornice over modern entrance door. Curvilinear window with cornice.
date inscription 1658 "MIPMI" over "SANNO" over "Dom 1658" and cut finials.
Similar strapwork lintel over central door in 3 bay section to left of porch.
Ashlar ridge stacks. Modern wing in similar character fronting Church Lane.
Excellent garden front in 1830s Tudor-Gothic wIth scalloped bargeboards, left hand
chimney panelled and crenellated. Interior: first floor of former south-west
room has Tudor-arch fireplace with moulded surround and heavily moulded double
Listing NGR: SP2046832245
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings