History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Charlton Bridge

A Grade II Listed Building in Creech St. Michael, Somerset

Creech St Michael Bridge

Uploader's Comments

The road bridge carrying St Michaels Road over the Bridgwater and Taunton Canal was mined, certainly by August 1940, with six demolition chambers in the south arch of the bridge, by the towpath, as part of the Taunton Stop Line. The demolition chambers probably held a total demolition charge of some 40lbs of Ammonal but were bricked up when the demolition charges were removed, probably in 1941. This was Deferred Demolition No 24 of the Taunton Stop Line.

Uploaded by Bob Osborn on 17 January 2011

Photo Navigator

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.