This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 52.582 / 52°34'55"N
Longitude: -0.3093 / 0°18'33"W
OS Eastings: 514654
OS Northings: 299587
OS Grid: TL146995
Mapcode National: GBR GY9.0NB
Mapcode Global: WHHNJ.6CZD
Entry Name: Orangery to South East of Kitchen Garden to Milton Hall
Listing Date: 24 February 1982
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1309489
English Heritage Legacy ID: 49943
Location: Castor, Peterborough, PE6
County: City of Peterborough
Civil Parish: Castor
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire
Church of England Parish: Castor with Upton and Stibbington and Water Newton
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
5141 CASTOR MILTON PARK
Orangery to south-east
of kitchen garden to
TL 1499 47/149
Circa 1791. Probably by Sir William Chambers. Ashlar. Seven bay colonnade
with Roman Doric columns and entablature the outer columns are coupled. Balustraded
parapet with pair of Coade figures dated 1791 and urns. Large sash windows
with glazing bars between the columns, and glazed doors at centre. Glazed conservatory
Terrace in front with steps flanked by Coade stone baskets of fruit.
Listing NGR: TL1465499587
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings