History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Enoch's Cottage and no. 64 High Street

A Grade II Listed Building in Chippenham, Cambridgeshire

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.


Latitude: 52.3 / 52°18'0"N

Longitude: 0.4391 / 0°26'20"E

OS Eastings: 566415

OS Northings: 269678

OS Grid: TL664696

Mapcode National: GBR N96.XG6

Mapcode Global: VHJGB.KGJ5

Entry Name: Enoch's Cottage and no. 64 High Street

Listing Date: 1 December 1951

Last Amended: 31 January 1984

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1309839

English Heritage Legacy ID: 49009

Location: Chippenham, East Cambridgeshire, Cambridgeshire, CB7

County: Cambridgeshire

District: East Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Chippenham

Built-Up Area: Chippenham

Traditional County: Cambridgeshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Chippenham St Margaret

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 17/10/2014

TL 66 NE

HIGH STREET (North-east side),
63 and 64

(Formerly listed as No 52 (Enochs Cottage) and No 52A.

Previously listed as Enock's Cottage)



Farmhouse dated 1673 on gable wall recently covered. Local buff
brick and clunch, rendered timber-frame to north-east. Plain
tile roof hipped to south-west. Two storeys with attics and
basement. Large side stack to north-west. South-east elevation
has two horizontal sliding sash dormer windows with sloping
roofs, two first floor casement windows in segmental brick
arches and at ground floor one hung sash window with glazing
bars in segmental brick arch, one blocked round headed opening,
half-glazed door with flat segmental shaped canopy and small
canted bay window with glazing bars to right hand. Brick band
between floors, and plinth. (No 52A to north-east) originally
the bakehouse to the farmhouse now converted to a dwelling.
Walls, possibly C17 rebuilt in C19, random courses of brick and
Barnack limestone; C19 pantile roof with two ridge stacks;
single storey. Three casement windows and boarded door.

Listing NGR: TL6641569678

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.