History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Outbuildings, Wall and Mounting Block Circa 130 Metres North-East of Ormesby Hall

A Grade II Listed Building in Ormesby, Redcar and Cleveland

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.5441 / 54°32'38"N

Longitude: -1.1813 / 1°10'52"W

OS Eastings: 453058

OS Northings: 516840

OS Grid: NZ530168

Mapcode National: GBR NH6W.1V

Mapcode Global: WHD76.T1MS

Entry Name: Outbuildings, Wall and Mounting Block Circa 130 Metres North-East of Ormesby Hall

Listing Date: 29 April 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1310950

English Heritage Legacy ID: 60279

Location: Redcar and Cleveland, TS7

County: Redcar and Cleveland

Electoral Ward/Division: Ormesby

Built-Up Area: Middlesbrough

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Ormesby St Cuthbert

Church of England Diocese: York

Find accommodation in
Guisborough

Listing Text

ORMESBY CHURCH LANE west side.
NZ 51 NW
6/26 Outbuildings, wall and
mounting block, c.130m
north-east of Ormesby
Hall.
G.V. II

Stable, joiners' workshop and screen wall with mounting block, c.1800. Cart
shed early/mid C19. Chevron-tooled dressed sandstone, clay pantile roofs
with stone ridge and gable copings. Joiners' shop brick, in English garden
wall bond. Stable, cart shed and wall, around 3 sides of yard, to
north-east of stable block (q.v.); joiners shop abuts north-east side of
stable. North-west face of cart shed has boarded double doors. Stable,
with hayloft over, has central keyed elliptical-arched passage
opening flanked by inserted windows with hit-and-miss and glazed upper
lights. Slit breathers on first floor. 6-panel stable doors in wood
architraves in passage. Hipped roof. Joiner's shop has central boarded
door under brick flat arches, flanked by fixed-light windows with glazing
bars that at left altered. Roof, hipped at north-east end, has glazed
panels in south-east pitch. Screen wall runs between south corner of stable
and north corner of stable block. Curved copings. 6-step mounting block
adjoins south-east side. Stable has hay racks and ramped wood partitions
between stalls. Outhouses adjoining north-west side of wall not of special
interest. Included for group value.


Listing NGR: NZ5305816840

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.