This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.7139 / 53°42'50"N
Longitude: -1.6342 / 1°38'2"W
OS Eastings: 424242
OS Northings: 424229
OS Grid: SE242242
Mapcode National: GBR KT1H.0D
Mapcode Global: WHC9Q.WX06
Entry Name: Pair of Telephone Kiosks on North Side of Public Library
Listing Date: 3 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1313306
English Heritage Legacy ID: 341093
Location: Kirklees, WF17
Electoral Ward/Division: Batley East
Built-Up Area: Batley
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Batley All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SE 22 SW MARKET PLACE
Pair of Telephone
Kiosks on north side
GV of Public Library
Pair of Telephone kiosks. Type K6. Designed 1935 by Sir Giles Gilbert Scott. Made by
Canon Company and Macfarlane Company. Cast iron. Square kiosks with domed roofs.
Unperforated replacement Elizabeth II crowns to top panels and margin glazing to
windows and doors.
Listing NGR: SE2424224229
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings