This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.7495 / 53°44'58"N
Longitude: -1.8019 / 1°48'6"W
OS Eastings: 413161
OS Northings: 428140
OS Grid: SE131281
Mapcode National: GBR HTV2.PN
Mapcode Global: WHC9N.906X
Entry Name: Jaque Royd and Attached Barn
Listing Date: 2 December 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1314078
English Heritage Legacy ID: 338972
Location: Calderdale, HX3
Electoral Ward/Division: Northowram and Shelf
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Shelf St Michael and All Angels
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
SHELF GREEN LANE
SE 12 NW (east side)
1/95 Jaque Royd and attached
House. Date and initialled 'GBJB 1680'. Hammer-dressed stone, stone slate
roof. Hall and cross-wing plan which projects to north and south. 3-room south
front. Open hall has remains of large double chamfered mullioned and transomed
window originally of 14 lights with hoodmould with straight return chamfered
small square fire window, doorway with basket arch, spandrels and chamfered
surrounds and simple stop with composite jambs. To right of door is 4-light
double chamfered mullioned window (lacking 2 mullions) with chamfered 4-light
mullioned window (2 mullions removed) flanked by two 2-light flat faced
mullioned (mullion removed). Cross-wing faced c.1880. 2 stacks to ridge. Left
hand return wall reveals that original wall was flush with main range and a room
was added thus making projecting cross-wing. Rear has been partially rendered
and much altered. C17. Barn partly built on to right hand end has king post
truss with single-aisle towards house. One post remains to outer bay braced to
tie beam and arcade plate. 4 bays remain.
Interior: Open hall with king post and angle strut truss over smoke bay under
which is stone fireplace with moulded surround and basket arch to lintel carved
in the form of fielded panels. Junction of hall and cross-wing had complete
close studded wall with closed king post truss with struts parallel to king
post. Posts braced to tie beam. Cross-wing has king post truss with 6 'V'
struts. A timber mullioned window survives loose.
Listing NGR: SE1316128140
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings