This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.7962 / 53°47'46"N
Longitude: -1.7559 / 1°45'21"W
OS Eastings: 416173
OS Northings: 433353
OS Grid: SE161333
Mapcode National: GBR JJJ.HQ
Mapcode Global: WHC99.0V33
Entry Name: Pair of K6 Telephone Kiosks on Central Island
Listing Date: 9 February 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1314187
English Heritage Legacy ID: 337359
Location: Bradford, BD1
Electoral Ward/Division: City
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Peter Bradford
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
1. RAWSON SQUARE
SE 1633 Pair of K 6 telephone
46/1150 kiosks on central
Pair of telephone kiosks. Installed 1937. Design 1935 by Giles Gilbert Scott.
Made by MacFarlane & Co Ltd, Saracen Foundry, Glasgow. Cast-iron, wood
and glass. K6-type kiosks set back-to back. Margin glazing to windows and
wooden doors, light opals below panel with embossed unperforated crowns,
domed roofs. The opals of the easternmost kiosk have been replaced by green
"Phonecard" panels, and its brass handle replaced by a chrome-plated
Listing NGR: SE1617333353
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings