This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.796 / 53°47'45"N
Longitude: -1.7548 / 1°45'17"W
OS Eastings: 416249
OS Northings: 433326
OS Grid: SE162333
Mapcode National: GBR JJJ.QT
Mapcode Global: WHC99.0VN9
Entry Name: 34, 34a and 36, Darley Street
Listing Date: 9 August 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1133212
English Heritage Legacy ID: 336367
Location: Bradford, BD1
Electoral Ward/Division: City
Built-Up Area: Bradford
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Cathedral Church of St Peter Bradford
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
5111 DARLEY STREET BD1
Nos 34, 34A and 36
SE 1633 SW 36/453
Corner site with Duke Street. Originally a 2-storey house of 1827 built for the
Bradford Dispensary. Enlarged and heightened by one-storey in 1905 for the Literary
Society. Symmetrical sandstone "brick" front with ashlar dressings. Five windows.
First floor sill course and moulded cornice over are original to 1827 build. The
1905 top storey has frieze, cornice and balustraded parapet with pedimented shallow
centre break. Modern shop fronts flank tall round arched entrance with horizontal
grooved facing carried into reveals, contained by half round frame. Panelled door
and radial glazed fanlight. Architrave surrounds to windows on upper floors with
central tripartite window to 1905 floor. Cornices and sill courses returned to
long Duke Street elevation; mostly of 1905. Interior refurbished for Library, 1905.
Listing NGR: SE1624933326
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings