History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Holy Trinity Church of England First School

A Grade II Listed Building in Bingley, Bradford

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 53.8458 / 53°50'45"N

Longitude: -1.8302 / 1°49'48"W

OS Eastings: 411268

OS Northings: 438857

OS Grid: SE112388

Mapcode National: GBR HRNZ.K3

Mapcode Global: WHC91.VLNK

Plus Code: 9C5WR5W9+8W

Entry Name: Holy Trinity Church of England First School

Listing Date: 10 January 1973

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1314302

English Heritage Legacy ID: 338053

Location: Bingley, Bradford, BD16

County: Bradford

Civil Parish: Bingley

Built-Up Area: Bingley

Traditional County: Yorkshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Yorkshire

Church of England Parish: Bingley Holy Trinity

Church of England Diocese: Leeds

Find accommodation in
Bingley

Listing Text

BINGLEY TRINITY PLACE
SE13NW
SE112388

6/189 Holy Trinity
10.1.73 Church of England
First School

II

School. 1871 with extension dated 1879. By R. Norman Shaw.
Snecked hammer-dressed stone, ashlar dressings, Welsh blue-slate
roof. Single storey. Gothic Revival style. L-shaped, with gabled
porch set in the angle. This has 2 pointed-arched doorways with
plinth, hoodmoulds and angle buttresses with offsets, 4 x 4-light
mullioned-and-transomed window. Original school of 7 bays with
tall gable set in 2nd and 3rd bays with 2 tall multi-light windows
articulated by offset buttresses. Each bay has deep window embrasure
alternately blind or with mullioned window. Coped gables with kneelers
and stack with embattled cornice. Right-hand return has 2 tall
pointed-arched windows of 2 lights with buttresses between and at
angles with many offsets. Added wing has weathered plinth and 3 bays
of 3 x 3-light mullioned-and-transomed windows. Coped buttressed
gable to right.

Interior: opened c1984 into one large L-shaped space with inserted
false ceiling. One wall has plaque inscribed:
" THIS WING OF THE SCHOOLS WAS BUILT
IN THE YEAR 1879 AS A MEMORIAL
OF THE REVD. ALBERT HUDSON
FIRST VICAR OF THIS PARISH "


Listing NGR: SE1126838857

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.