This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 53.9306 / 53°55'50"N
Longitude: -1.4502 / 1°27'0"W
OS Eastings: 436199
OS Northings: 448418
OS Grid: SE361484
Mapcode National: GBR LQ9Z.VQ
Mapcode Global: WHD9Z.PGNK
Entry Name: Church of St Mary Immaculate (Rc), with Presbytery and Former Monastery Attached
Listing Date: 18 February 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1315567
English Heritage Legacy ID: 330576
Location: Sicklinghall, Harrogate, North Yorkshire, LS22
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Sicklinghall
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Kirkby Overblow with Sicklinghall
Church of England Diocese: Leeds
Church of St Mary Immaculate
(RC), with presbytery and
former monastery attached.
Roman Catholic Church with presbytery and former monastery attached. 1849-1854 by
Charles Francis Hansom,architect, by the Middleton family of Stockend Park for the Oblates of Mary Immaculate.Church sandstone with slate roof. 4 bay nave, 2 bay chancel, liturgical west bell cote. North porch and north transept additions c.1865 attributable to Edward Welby Pugin, architect. Middle pointed style in manner of Augustus Welby Pugin, richer geometric style by Edward Welby Pugin. 2-light nave and chancel, 3-light case window.
Interior has open trussed nave and chancel roofs. West gallery with cast iron
columns brought from elsewhere. Contemporary 3-light east window in style of William Wailes. Contemporary confessional built out below west gable. C20 gothic altar, reredos and panelling attributable to Thompson of Kilburn, 'Woodworker. Attached to church is a quadrangle originally for the oblate priests. Coursed sandstone slate roofs.2 storeys with attics,2-light casements, gothic trefoil headed dormers.
Listing NGR: SE3619948418
Other nearby listed buildings