This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 54.19 / 54°11'24"N
Longitude: -0.5349 / 0°32'5"W
OS Eastings: 495692
OS Northings: 478131
OS Grid: SE956781
Mapcode National: GBR SMPZ.ZR
Mapcode Global: WHGCB.RYG7
Entry Name: Weaverthorpe Station
Listing Date: 14 December 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1315722
English Heritage Legacy ID: 329412
Location: Sherburn, Ryedale, North Yorkshire, YO17
County: North Yorkshire
Civil Parish: Sherburn
Traditional County: Yorkshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): North Yorkshire
Church of England Parish: Sherburn St Hilda
Church of England Diocese: York
SHERBURN SHERBURN TO BROMPTON ROAD
SE 97 NE
6/71 Weaverthorpe Station
Station buildings incorporating station-master's house; now private house.
1845. By G T Andrews for the York and North Midland Railway Company.
Mottled brick in Flemish bond, with sandstone plinth and dressings, and
orange gauged brick arches; slate roof. Central-entry plan with station
accommodation at left. 2-storey, 3-window front. 4-panel front door with
radial fanlight in pilastered doorcase with keyed arch and cornice. Flat-
arched recesses flanking front door contain part-glazed panelled ticket
office door at left, and 12-pane sash at right. 12-pane sashes to first
floor over sill band. Gauged brick arches to all openings except front
door, and to ground-floor recesses. Overhanging eaves on shaped brackets:
hipped roof. 2-bay left return with 1-storey outbuilding at left end.
Detail similar to front except that right bay projects and has canted bay
ticket-window with glazing-bar sashes on ground floor; station clock at
right. Left end and centre ridge stacks. Interior: ticket office fittings
survive intact. Although located in the parish of Sherburn, the station has
been known by the name of the neighbouring parish of Weaverthorpe since
1882, in order to avoid confusion with other Sherburn stations in the north-
eastern region. The station was closed to passengers in 1931.
Listing NGR: SE9569278131
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings