This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.9048 / 50°54'17"N
Longitude: -1.2754 / 1°16'31"W
OS Eastings: 451045
OS Northings: 111954
OS Grid: SU510119
Mapcode National: GBR 881.8BZ
Mapcode Global: FRA 866Q.4YJ
Entry Name: (Old) Church of St Bartholomew
Listing Date: 5 December 1955
Last Amended: 14 February 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1322638
English Heritage Legacy ID: 354854
Location: Botley, Eastleigh, Hampshire, SO30
Civil Parish: Botley
Traditional County: Hampshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Hampshire
Church of England Parish: Botley All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Portsmouth
5230 BOTLEY CHURCH LANE
(Old) Church of
(formerly listed as
Remains of Church of
SU 51 SW 7/12 5.12.55
C13 former chancel, altered C16. Nave removed 1836. Single cell small rectangular
chapel in rubble with red tile roof and small bellcote at west end. Three bays,
lancets and in centre 2-light trefoil headed Perpendicular windows (restored). East
window 3-light foil-headed with label (and and oval C18 memorial at the left of
it). Reset Norman fragments in pointed west door: nook shafts with scallop caps and
a toothed-roll lobed window over.
Interior: exposed rafters of waggon-roof.
Plain panelled late Georgian pews set lengthwise and, at west end, across.
Isolated setting but an important survival.
Listing NGR: SU5139312444
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings