This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.8579 / 50°51'28"N
Longitude: -3.3985 / 3°23'54"W
OS Eastings: 301663
OS Northings: 107418
OS Grid: ST016074
Mapcode National: GBR LM.VBTM
Mapcode Global: FRA 36RT.ZRP
Entry Name: Cemetery Chapel at 016074
Listing Date: 11 June 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1326139
English Heritage Legacy ID: 95326
Location: Cullompton, Mid Devon, Devon, EX15
District: Mid Devon
Civil Parish: Cullompton
Built-Up Area: Cullompton
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Cullompton
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
CULLOMPTON TIVERTON LANE, Cullompton
ST 00 NW
- Cemetery Chapel at 016074
Cemetery chapel. 1 of an identical pair. 1856, probably by Edward Ashworth.
Coursed rubble volcanic trap with Portland stone dressing, under slate gabled-end
roof with crested ridge tiles. 3 bays, each with 2-light Decorated window, divided by buttresses with 2 set-offs; angle buttresses with 2 set-offs; double-chamfered west doorway with contemporary double doors, under vesica. Crosses to coping at gable apex; 3-light east window. Some guttering with single gargoyle to each side.
Interior: all furnishings removed; roof; principals, arch-braced cranked collars.
Listing NGR: ST0166307418
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings