This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.5346 / 50°32'4"N
Longitude: -4.1279 / 4°7'40"W
OS Eastings: 249296
OS Northings: 72698
OS Grid: SX492726
Mapcode National: GBR NX.HMK0
Mapcode Global: FRA 277N.9MX
Entry Name: Church of St Andrew
Listing Date: 7 September 1951
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1326196
English Heritage Legacy ID: 93393
Location: Tavistock, West Devon, Devon, PL19
District: West Devon
Civil Parish: Tavistock
Built-Up Area: Tavistock
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
5185 ANDERTON LANE
Church of St Andrew
SX 47 SE 2/8 7.9.51
Norman C15 and C19. Built of granite with slate roof. Nave and aisles. Tower in
3 stages with crenellated parapet and octagonal stair turret. Norman south door.
Chancel of circa 1300. West tower nave, south transept and North Aisle C15.
C19 chancel aisles and south porch. Perpendicular windows to aisles. Monument in
Easter Sepulchre recess to Paschaw Allyn (d 1626) with a long row of kneeling
children on a slate plate. Monument to Francis Pengelly (d 1722) by Weston with oval
relief of Resurrection of the Dead and 2 standing and 2 reclining female figures.
Listing NGR: SX4929972700
Other nearby listed buildings