This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 54.5459 / 54°32'45"N
Longitude: -2.7562 / 2°45'22"W
OS Eastings: 351177
OS Northings: 517000
OS Grid: NY511170
Mapcode National: GBR 9H6W.26
Mapcode Global: WH81Q.MZQX
Entry Name: Eastward Farmhouse and Attached Outbuildings
Listing Date: 6 February 1968
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1326843
English Heritage Legacy ID: 74459
Location: Bampton, Eden, Cumbria, CA10
Civil Parish: Bampton
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Bampton St Patrick
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
NY 51 NW
12/58 Eastward Farmhouse and
Farmhouse and outbuilding. Late C17 or early C18 with later additions. Stone
rubble, east elevation of house roughcast, slate roofs. East elevation of
3 storeys and 4 bays, but the 4th bay of 2 storeys only, a later addition.
Dripcourses to 2 floors, 1st 3 bays only. Crow-stepped south gable end.
Windows have chamfered reveals, probably originally mullioned, and small-paned
horizontally sliding sashes; 3rd bay of ground floor has longer window, and fire
window to right; 1st bay of 2nd floor has small-paned attic window. 4th bay has
sashed windows, single glazing bars to ground floor, all glazing bars to 1st
floor. Entrance in gabled porch to 2nd bay has studded door, segmental-headed
entrance to 4th bay. Gable-end stacks and cross-axial stack. Outbuilding
projects to north, the south elevation has lintel inscribed: 'C & ME 1744'
(Mounsey) to window, entrance to left has chamfered jambs and timber lintel, 2
other windows and pitching hole. West elevation has gabled wing with end stack
and 2-storey outshut under catslide roof to south; varied fenestration.
Northern end has entrance with studded door through passage in small connecting
wing joining wing of outbuilding. North elevation of outbuilding has long lean-
to outshut and gabled wing flanking barn entrance. Interior has chamfered
beams. Ground floor has spice cupboard to rear wing inscribed: 'CM 1728', other
cupboards and 3-panel doors. Stone stair. 1st floor has plank and muntin
partition, some C17 doors and room with cupboards flanking fireplace, with
fluted pilasters and 2-fielded-panel doors, fireplace altered.
Listing NGR: NY5117717000
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings