This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.3733 / 50°22'23"N
Longitude: -4.6506 / 4°39'2"W
OS Eastings: 211616
OS Northings: 55957
OS Grid: SX116559
Mapcode National: GBR N5.TZ32
Mapcode Global: FRA 1841.XP7
Plus Code: 9C2Q98FX+8Q
Entry Name: Bellscat Farmhouse
Listing Date: 28 August 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1327362
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70990
Location: St. Sampson, Cornwall, PL22
Civil Parish: St. Sampson
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Sampson (or Golant)
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SX 15 NW
8/241 Bellscat Farmhouse
Farmhouse. Circa 1840 with some later alterations and additions of C20. Stone
rubble, stuccoed. Slate roof with gable ends to front and rear, stuccoed chimneys to
front right and left and to rear service rooms.
Plan: Double depth plan with 2 principal rooms on the garden front. There is a porch
on the right and left sides, giving access to the hall/passage on the left, with the
stair well to rear left of the passage. The stairwell and passage separate the front
rooms from the smaller service rooms at the back.
The garden front is of 2 storeys, a symmetrical 3-window front with rusticated quoins
and pediment with oeil de boeuf. The ground floor has three original 24-pane sashes
in raised moulded architraves, first floor cill band and three 16-pane sashes at
first floor in similar architraves. The right side has central embattled porch with
pilasters, to left with a glazed C20 porch entrance added. Ground floor right has
C20 window. First floor centre has former sash in raised moulded architrave, with
C20 2-light window inserted. Gable end stack to rear right service room. The left
side has similar central embattled porch lath 8-pane light to front, C20 glazed
single storey addition to right and left. A first floor, central 16-pane sash in
raised moulded architrave. Both sides have the first floor cill band continued and
rusticated quoins. The rear has a single storey C20 addition to centre with half-
glazed door and casements; to right at ground and first floor a 4-pane sash, ground
floor left has 4-pane sash, first floor central 4-pane sash. The roof over the front
range has a pedimental feature at the rear, slate-hung, with oeil de boeuf.
Interior Much remodelled in C20, with original stair and fireplaces removed.
Listing NGR: SX1161655957
Other nearby listed buildings