This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.1521 / 50°9'7"N
Longitude: -5.4573 / 5°27'26"W
OS Eastings: 153121
OS Northings: 33723
OS Grid: SW531337
Mapcode National: GBR DXX8.T6N
Mapcode Global: VH12T.CF9S
Entry Name: Rosevidney Manor
Listing Date: 10 June 1954
Last Amended: 26 August 2003
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1327659
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70371
Location: Ludgvan, Cornwall, TR20
Civil Parish: Ludgvan
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Ludgvan
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 53 SW
(FormerlyRosevidney Barton Farmhouse and
- adjoining cartsheds
listed as Great Rosevidney)
Farmhouse and cartsheds. C17, extended circa early or mid C19. Granite rubble with
granite dressings. C19 entrance front stuccoed. Scantle slate roofs with dressed
granite chimney over the gable ends of the C17 part, hipped roof with projecting
eaves over the C19 part with brick chimney over one side wall and cast-iron ogee
Plan: the C17 part is an L-shaped plan. Originally probably a 2 room plan in the
front range and a parlour or kitchen wing at right angles behind the left hand room.
The middle and right-hand side of the original front is obscured by the C19 2 room
plan addition. At the rear of the rear wing is a hipped C17 lean-to addition with 4
C17 blocked window openings. Adjoining the front left-hand corner is a deep single
storey mostly circa late C19 range with chimney at one end; since circa the late C19
it has been open at the left hand side and with the roof carried on iron stanchions.
Exterior: Symmetrical 3 window stucco fronted house-standing forward from the C17
house. Rusticated quoins strips, moulded architraves and quoins strips, C20 door and
windows. Set back on the left is part of the C17 front with two 2-light C17 windows
to each floor, mullions removed and fitted with circa early C19 16-pane hornless
Rear has one C17 chamfered opening to first floor right of middle.
Right-hand gable has C17 single light window.
Rear wing has all its original openings. Right hand wall has chamfered doorway,
blocked window right of doorway and partly blocked 2-light window to each floor.
Ground floor left-hand mullion removed.
Interior: not inspected.
Listing NGR: SW5312133723
Other nearby listed buildings