This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 50.1508 / 50°9'3"N
Longitude: -5.6048 / 5°36'17"W
OS Eastings: 142583
OS Northings: 34086
OS Grid: SW425340
Mapcode National: GBR DXJ8.ZFP
Mapcode Global: VH058.SGVQ
Plus Code: 9C2P592W+83
Entry Name: Lanyon Farmhouse, Front Garden Walls, Cartshed and Mounting Block
Listing Date: 7 September 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1327670
English Heritage Legacy ID: 70438
Location: Madron, Cornwall, TR20
Civil Parish: Madron
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: Madron
Church of England Diocese: Truro
SW 43 SW
6/93 Lanyon Farmhouse front garden
- walls, cartshed and mounting block
Farmhouse, front garden walls, gate piers, cartshed and mounting block. Circa 1800.
Granite ashlar on all sides of the farmhouse. Slurried scantle slate roof with
granite ashlar stacks over the gable ends. Cast-iron ogee gutters.
Plan: unaltered double-depth plan with 2 rooms at the front flanking a cross passage
leading to a central stair hall between back kitchen left and dairy right. Behind
the right hand side of the house is a single storey service wing at right angles,
said to have been once a chapel. There is a C17 window head or sill reused over the
Exterior: 2 storeys plus attic (lit by windows in the gables). Symmetrical 3 window
south front with central doorway. Plinth, flat keyed arches over the openings and
mid-floor band. Wide window openings to left and right, originally with tripartite
sashes. C20 door and windows at the front, older horned sashes at the rear.
Interior: simple but little altered interior; moulded ceiling cornice in the right
hand room; dog-leg stair with square chamfered newels and stick balusters and 6-panel
Rectangular garden at the front with granite coped dressed granite and rubble walls
to each side. Lower wall parallel to the front with central gateway with granite
monolithic piers and C19 cast-iron gate.
Adjoining the left hand wall is a cartshed or trap house and at a little distance to
the right of the garden is a dressed granite mounting block.
Listing NGR: SW4258334086
Other nearby listed buildings