History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Wash House, Waggon House, Stable and Barn Adjoining Tregedna Farmhouse

A Grade II Listed Building in Budock, Cornwall

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.1325 / 50°7'57"N

Longitude: -5.1008 / 5°6'2"W

OS Eastings: 178497

OS Northings: 30429

OS Grid: SW784304

Mapcode National: GBR ZC.JM9V

Mapcode Global: FRA 086N.NNT

Plus Code: 9C2P4VMX+2M

Entry Name: Wash House, Waggon House, Stable and Barn Adjoining Tregedna Farmhouse

Listing Date: 24 November 1988

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1328475

English Heritage Legacy ID: 66439

Location: Budock, Cornwall, TR11

County: Cornwall

Civil Parish: Budock

Traditional County: Cornwall

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall

Church of England Parish: Budock

Church of England Diocese: Truro

Find accommodation in
Budock Water

Description


SW 73 SE BUDOCK

3/20 Wash-house, waggon house, stable
- and barn adjoining Tregedna
Farmhouse
GV II


Wash-house, waggon house, stables and barn, part of which used to be a mill. Circa
mid-late C19. Killas rubble (quarried on the farm) with granite dressings. Grouted
scantle slate roofs with gable ends, slightly projecting eaves. Cast-iron ogee-
section gutters.
Plan: L-shaped plan. Cross wing or former mill on cart shed on the left, projecting
and built into the bank at the rear, integral with long barn with loose boxes under
which adjoins a slightly lower range on the right with stables on its left, a waggon
shed (later converted to a trap-house) and a wash-house on its right adjoining the
gable end of the farmhouse. Virtually unaltered plan. 2 threshing floors.
Exterior: 2 storeys. Unaltered elevations with most of the original doors, windows
and shutters in their original openings. Wooden lintels spanning the openings and
there are the ends of large roughly-hewn cross beams visible on the outside of the
walls. South-east front has mill and barn on the left and a slightly lower range of
stables, waggon shed and wash-house on the right.
Gable end of mill on the left with wide cartshed doorway and loading/winnowing
doorway over. Barn has 3 ground floor doorways with loading/winnowing doorway over
the central doorway and 2-light shuttered windows over the other doorways. Loading
doorways and right-hand doorway have split ledged and braced door, the other openings
have doors with slatted ventilators. Stables have a nearly symmetrical front with
doorway and shuttered window over, slightly right of middle. Split ledged and braced
door. Wide 2-light casement window (partly boarded over) with glazing bars, on the
left and a smaller 2-light casement window on the right. Waggon house has wide
doorway with through passage door on the left and pair of doors on the right. Wooden
louvres above the left-hand side, pair of doors on the right. Wash house has
original 18-pane 2-light window on the left and doorway on the right. C20 window in
rendered wall above. Cobbled pavement in front of the barn and stables.
Interior: Virtually unaltered interior has original floors and roof structure and
some fittings.


Listing NGR: SW7849730429

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.