This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.3124 / 50°18'44"N
Longitude: -5.2033 / 5°12'11"W
OS Eastings: 172028
OS Northings: 50734
OS Grid: SW720507
Mapcode National: GBR Z4.KJ8Z
Mapcode Global: VH125.RDKW
Plus Code: 9C2P8Q6W+XM
Entry Name: Church of St Agnes
Listing Date: 30 May 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1328673
English Heritage Legacy ID: 63779
Location: St. Agnes, Cornwall, TR5
Civil Parish: St. Agnes
Built-Up Area: St Agnes
Traditional County: Cornwall
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cornwall
Church of England Parish: St Agnes
Church of England Diocese: Truro
ST AGNES CHURCHTOWN (east side)
SW 75 SW
4/147 Church of St Agnes
Parish church. C15 tower, spire rebuilt in 1905, otherwise in 1848 by Piers St
Aubyn. Granite ashlar tower, otherwise killas rubble with granite dressings. Dressed
granite broach spire behind embattled parapet to tower, otherwise dry Delabole slate
roofs with gable ends. Stone stack over vestry.
Plan: C15 west tower; C19 nave and chancel; C19 north aisle south aisle and south
porch linked to covered passage and vestry added in 1909.
Exterior: C15 2-stage embattled west tower with spire: diagonally-set corner
buttresses; pointed west doorway; 3-light traceried window over doorway; 2-light
traceried windows with slate louvres to upper stage. Hoodmoulds over all openings.
The 1848 parts of the church have windows and doorways in the Perpendicular style:
traceried granite windows with hoodmoulds; 4-centred arched granite doorways. C19
ledged and braced doors, leaded glazing.
Interior: Plastered walls; C19 6-bay granite arcades, C19 arched collar rafter roof
structures; C19 and later fittings, including octagonal marble font dated 1851.
Memorial windows with coloured glass: 2 windows at the east end, one window in the
north wall and west window of the south aisle.
Listing NGR: SW7202850734
Other nearby listed buildings