This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 53.2931 / 53°17'35"N
Longitude: -2.5096 / 2°30'34"W
OS Eastings: 366130
OS Northings: 377467
OS Grid: SJ661774
Mapcode National: GBR BZXC.H7
Mapcode Global: WH995.FH69
Entry Name: Dene Cottages
Listing Date: 27 August 1986
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1329854
English Heritage Legacy ID: 57570
Location: Great Budworth, Cheshire West and Chester, CW9
County: Cheshire West and Chester
Civil Parish: Great Budworth
Traditional County: Cheshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cheshire
Church of England Parish: Great Budworth St Mary and All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Chester
SJ 67 NE
GREAT BUDWORTH C.P.
Nos. 1 and 2 Dene Cottages
Pair of estate cottages, 1868, by John Douglas for Rowland or Piers
Egerton Warburton. Flemish bond brown brickwork to lower storey; oak
box frame with plaster panels to upper storey; clay tile roof.
Rectangular with slightly asymmetrical fenestation; early Vernacular
Revival. Porch to each side of recessed lower storey carries
bressumer of upper storey; 2 leaded casements of 6 brick-mullioned
lights downstairs; 3 windows of 3 oak mullioned lights upstairs have
sgraffiti on plaster panels below: TAKE THY CALLING THANKFULLIE :
LOVE THY NEIGHBOUR NEIGHBOURLIE : SHUN THE ROAD TO BEGGARIE. Panels
between and to sides of windows pargetted with rose, thistle and
daffodil; shaped central chimney on ridge; end gables with tiebeam,
collar and rafters exposed; the 2 plaster panels in the right gable
pargetted with a vigorous pattern of floral motifs and curlicue
Built for staff of The Dene House.
Listing NGR: SJ 66130 77467
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings