History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Rectory

A Grade II Listed Building in Houghton, Cambridgeshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 52.3367 / 52°20'12"N

Longitude: -0.1182 / 0°7'5"W

OS Eastings: 528309

OS Northings: 272624

OS Grid: TL283726

Mapcode National: GBR K43.DY0

Mapcode Global: VHGLX.WJWJ

Plus Code: 9C4X8VPJ+MP

Entry Name: The Old Rectory

Listing Date: 4 November 1982

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1330783

English Heritage Legacy ID: 54114

Location: Houghton and Wyton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28

County: Cambridgeshire

Civil Parish: Houghton and Wyton

Built-Up Area: Houghton

Traditional County: Huntingdonshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cambridgeshire

Church of England Parish: Houghton with Wyton St Mary

Church of England Diocese: Ely

Find accommodation in
Hartford

Listing Text

HOUGHTON AND WYTON ST IVES ROAD
1.
5140
(north side)
Houghton
The Old Rectory
TL 28 72 13/1
II

2.
Circa 1840 house with service and stable wing to right hand. Gault brick. Hipped,
slate roof of low pitch. Bracket modillions to eaves. Two internal stacks with similar
brackets to capping. Two-storeys. Flat stone arches to three-window range of hung
sashes with glazing bars. Stone architrave to two similar ground-floor windows flanking
central flat-roofed porch with similar brackets to cornice. Semi-circular headed moulded
stone arch to entry and to glazed openings in sides. Stone band at impost height. Door
with six raised and fielded panels. Rectangular fanlight. Two-storey adjoining service
and stable ranges to right hand forming two sides of walled courtyard. Gault brick.
Slate roof of low pitch with gable ends. Dentil eaves cornice. Internal stack with
saw-tooth cornice. Band between storeys. Five hung sashes with glazing bars in
cambered arches at first-floor. One three-light opening with semi-circular headed stone
arches to hayloft. Courtyard wall of similar brick, with blind panels. Stone coping to
brick piers at entry.


Listing NGR: TL2830972624

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

  • II Ladymeere
    Houghton and Wyton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28
  • II* Manor Farmhouse
    Houghton and Wyton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28
  • II May Cottage
    Houghton and Wyton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28
  • II Little Dormers
    Houghton and Wyton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28
  • II Tun Cottage
    Houghton and Wyton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28
  • II Silver Birches
    Houghton and Wyton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28
  • II 3, the Lanes
    Houghton and Wyton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28
  • II Elder Cottage
    Houghton and Wyton, Huntingdonshire, Cambridgeshire, PE28

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.