This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.8996 / 51°53'58"N
Longitude: -2.0661 / 2°3'57"W
OS Eastings: 395550
OS Northings: 222343
OS Grid: SO955223
Mapcode National: GBR 2M5.SK8
Mapcode Global: VHB1Q.4JL3
Entry Name: 153-159, Fairview Road
Listing Date: 5 May 1972
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1333239
English Heritage Legacy ID: 474620
Location: Cheltenham, Gloucestershire, GL52
Electoral Ward/Division: All Saints
Built-Up Area: Cheltenham
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Cheltenham St Luke and St John
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
(South West side)
Terrace of 4 houses. c1806-35 with later additions and
alterations including later C19 and C20 extensions to rear.
Numbered right to left, described left to right. Ashlar over
brick, now stuccoed, and concealed roof with brick and stucco
end and party-wall stacks with cornices.
EXTERIOR: 2 storeys, 10 first-floor windows arranged 2:2:3:3.
Stucco detailing includes: pilaster strips to ends and between
houses; tooled first-floor bands, continuous frieze;
architrave and cornice remain to No.153; continuous blocking
course and copings. 2/2 and 1/1 sashes, otherwise casement
windows, all in plain reveals and with sills. Entrances to
right: 4-panel doors, that to right part-glazed, with
overlights, those 2 entrances to right hand side of terrace
INTERIOR: not inspected.
HISTORICAL NOTE: Fairview Road was developed from c1806; it
occupies part of the open fields 'inclosed' by Act of
Parliament in 1806 to enable their development as building
(Sampson A and Blake S: A Cheltenham Companion: Cheltenham:
Listing NGR: SO9553622346
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings