This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 50.673 / 50°40'22"N
Longitude: -3.4017 / 3°24'5"W
OS Eastings: 301051
OS Northings: 86867
OS Grid: SY010868
Mapcode National: GBR P4.9BWW
Mapcode Global: FRA 37R9.BLH
Plus Code: 9C2RMHFX+68
Entry Name: Rosemary
Listing Date: 11 November 1952
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1333273
English Heritage Legacy ID: 88580
Location: Woodbury, East Devon, Devon, EX5
Civil Parish: Woodbury
Built-Up Area: Woodbury
Traditional County: Devon
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon
Church of England Parish: Woodbury with Exton
Church of England Diocese: Exeter
SY 08 NW WOODBURY THE BROADWAY (north side),
House. Circa 1830, built by William Phillips of Woodbury, builder. Brick front,
roughcast cob elsewhere; gabled-end slate roof. Single depth cottage plan, 2 rooms
with central staircase to rear of entrance hall. 2 storeys.
Front: symmetrical 3 window range; 12-pane hornless sash windows throughout, under
brick window arches. Rusticated quoins. The house is distinguished by its unusual
and elaborate porch; the fascia is adorned with 2 affronted wooden dolphins
(brought from elsewhere and possibly C17); tympanum with large scallop shell, with
swags to the frieze above door lintel. Porch itself with slate roof, is supported
by console brackets.
Rear wall with a ship's porthole lighting stairs.
Interior with contemporary joinery.
Listing NGR: SY0105186867
Other nearby listed buildings