History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Court Hall and outhouse adjoining Court Hall to west

A Grade II Listed Building in Sidbury, Devon

More Photos »
Approximate Location Map
Large Map »

Coordinates

Latitude: 50.7187 / 50°43'7"N

Longitude: -3.2211 / 3°13'16"W

OS Eastings: 313890

OS Northings: 91717

OS Grid: SY138917

Mapcode National: GBR P8.VCRC

Mapcode Global: FRA 4745.WCM

Entry Name: Court Hall and outhouse adjoining Court Hall to west

Listing Date: 12 October 1951

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1333827

English Heritage Legacy ID: 87352

Location: Sidmouth, East Devon, Devon, EX10

County: Devon

District: East Devon

Civil Parish: Sidmouth

Built-Up Area: Sidbury

Traditional County: Devon

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Devon

Church of England Parish: Sidbury with Sidford

Church of England Diocese: Exeter

Find accommodation in
Sidbury

Listing Text

SY 1391
2/204

SIDBURY
FORE STREET (West side)
Court Hall and outhouse adjoining Court Hall to west.

12.10.51

II
Originally the Manor House before present C19 one was built. Restored 1856. Now divided into three residences.

South west front late C16 or early C17 considerably restored. Three storeys coursed end random rubble with parapet and two gables with saddlestones. Three windows, three- and four-light stone mullioned (ground floor windows have been heightened). C19 gabled stone porch. Stone rubble outhouse joins this front at right angles, the gable end having stone mullioned windows. South east front is later addition, probably early C18. Parapet with coping. Central first floor window in stone architrave surround with segmental pediment and a shallow pediment supported by scrolls to the parapet above. Other windows in rusticated surrounds with keystones over. All have recessed sashes, glazing bars intact. Later or altered centred porch, glazed in, with banded rustication to piers, deep frieze, cornice and blocking course. The front is continued by a still later probably early C19 addition with two large two storey segmental bows, parapet with moulded coping, three-light sash windows to each floor of bows, glazing bars intact.

Listing NGR: SY1389091717

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.