This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 54.3799 / 54°22'47"N
Longitude: -2.8543 / 2°51'15"W
OS Eastings: 344607
OS Northings: 498604
OS Grid: SD446986
Mapcode National: GBR 8KHS.VP
Mapcode Global: WH82N.452M
Entry Name: Ings School
Listing Date: 14 August 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1336078
English Heritage Legacy ID: 76471
Location: Hugill, South Lakeland, Cumbria, LA8
District: South Lakeland
Civil Parish: Hugill
Traditional County: Westmorland
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria
Church of England Parish: Hugill or Ings St Anne
Church of England Diocese: Carlisle
SD 49 NW HUGILL Ings
5/19 Ings School
School; now Parish Hall, dated 1869. Stone rubble walls; roughcut quoins;
limestone cills and dressings; graduated greenslate roof; blue glazed ridge.
L-shaped plan with gable to road at left. Single storey. Round-arched
casement with glazing bars and 2 tiny round-headed windows above in gable; cross
casement to right; boarded door between. Other elevations show 2 similar round-
arched casements; 2 similar cross windows on left return. Bellcote on front
gable. Interior retains pine boarded dado and original boarded doors.
Listing NGR: SD4460798604
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings