This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.0532 / 52°3'11"N
Longitude: -1.776 / 1°46'33"W
OS Eastings: 415455
OS Northings: 239448
OS Grid: SP154394
Mapcode National: GBR 4NG.7SD
Mapcode Global: VHB13.5NGC
Entry Name: Woodward Tomb in South-West Angle of Tower and Church
Listing Date: 8 June 1983
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1341978
English Heritage Legacy ID: 126107
Location: Chipping Campden, Cotswold, Gloucestershire, GL55
Civil Parish: Chipping Campden
Built-Up Area: Chipping Campden
Traditional County: Gloucestershire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Gloucestershire
Church of England Parish: Chipping Campden St James
Church of England Diocese: Gloucester
5224 CHURCH STREET
Woodward tomb in
south-west angle of
tower and church
SP 1539 SW 9/54
Early-mid C18 attributed to Edward Woodward 1766. The best in the churchyard.
Chest tomb with central panelled block supporting an urn. Moulded cornice, godroon
cornice. West end panel has high relief scutcheons, sides have 3 out of 4 high
relief carvings and central blank panels. East panel to Mary Cooper (died 1833).
The Woodwards were prominent local builders; Bedfont House in the High Street is
attributed to Thomas Woodward.
Listing NGR: SP1545539448
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings