This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.568 / 52°34'4"N
Longitude: -1.8224 / 1°49'20"W
OS Eastings: 412134
OS Northings: 296699
OS Grid: SP121966
Mapcode National: GBR 3K8.5B
Mapcode Global: WHCH7.ZQC5
Entry Name: Moat House
Listing Date: 18 October 1949
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343333
English Heritage Legacy ID: 216596
Location: Sutton Coldfield, Birmingham, B74
Civil Parish: Sutton Coldfield
Built-Up Area: Sutton Coldfield
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Midlands
Church of England Parish: Sutton Coldfield Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
5104 LICHFIELD ROAD
No 24 (Moat House)
SP 1296 1/12 18.10.49
Circa 1680 by Sir William Wilson (1641-1710), for his own occupation (though
still resident at Langley Hall in 1683). Red brick, stone dressings, old tiled
roof with stone coped gables to side elevations, balustraded parapet to front
with central round arched panel under archivolt on Doric pilasters and columns.
2 storeys, basement and attics. 5 sash windows with glazing bars, cornices on
Doric pilasters. Corinthian angle pilasters and pair to centre supporting entablature.
Bolection moulded archivolt with keystone, fanlight, half columns and 6 fielded
panelled door to central doorway. 2 panelled chimney stacks. Back has 2 oval
dormers, gabled slight projection to centre, later ground floor bow on right.
C19 2 storey 1 window wing on north.
Interior: early panelling and chimneypieces, turned balusters and moulded handrail
to open string well staircase.
Nos 24 and 26 form a group.
Listing NGR: SP1213796706
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings