This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.2221 / 52°13'19"N
Longitude: -1.1911 / 1°11'28"W
OS Eastings: 455350
OS Northings: 258518
OS Grid: SP553585
Mapcode National: GBR 8SD.RN5
Mapcode Global: VHCVK.9DNW
Plus Code: 9C4W6RC5+RG
Entry Name: Lantern House
Listing Date: 18 January 1968
Last Amended: 29 April 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1343585
English Heritage Legacy ID: 360649
Location: Badby, Daventry, Northamptonshire, NN11
Civil Parish: Badby
Traditional County: Northamptonshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Northamptonshire
Church of England Parish: Badby St Mary
Church of England Diocese: Peterborough
SP5558 (East side)
18/5 Lantern House
18/01/68 (Formerly listed as Lodge to
Fawsley Park (Lantern House))
House, formerly lodge to Fawsley Park. Late C18/early C19, restored 1981.
Coursed squared ironstone, plain tile roofs. Octagonal. 2 storeys. Plank door in
chamfered stone arch with 4-centred head within stone porch which has similar
doorway with hood mould; stone coat of arms above. Stonework of porch largely
renewed 1981. One-light windows throughout with diamond pattern leading in
double-chamfered stone surrounds, except for ground floor window to right side
facing road of 2 lights with chamfered mullions. Above porch and in
corresponding positions to rear and right sides, windows have hood moulds.
Single-storey gabled wing to rear balancing porch (stonework largely renewed)
and C20 single-storey extension to left side. Chamfered plinth, offset
buttresses to angles facing road, moulded stone eaves, and C20 lead flue
replacing central stone stack at apex of pyramidal roof. Possibly designed by
James Wyatt who designed the Old School House (q.v.) in similar style.
(Buildings of England: Northants, p.100).
Listing NGR: SP5535058518
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings