This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.9518 / 52°57'6"N
Longitude: -1.1594 / 1°9'34"W
OS Eastings: 456570
OS Northings: 339711
OS Grid: SK565397
Mapcode National: GBR LMP.2Z
Mapcode Global: WHDGZ.524D
Entry Name: Number 25 and Attached Boundary Walls
Listing Date: 30 November 1995
Last Amended: 22 April 1996
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1344951
English Heritage Legacy ID: 458000
Location: Nottingham, NG7
County: City of Nottingham
Electoral Ward/Division: Radford and Park
Built-Up Area: Nottingham
Traditional County: Nottinghamshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Nottinghamshire
Church of England Parish: Nottingham St Peter with St James
Church of England Diocese: Southwell and Nottingham
SK5639NE PARK VALLEY
646-1/19/489 (South West side)
and attached coach house and
House, attached coach house and boundary walls. Dated 1878. By
TC Hine of Nottingham, altered late C20. Red brick, with
terracotta and ashlar dressings and gabled and hipped slate
roofs with 4 tall coped brick stacks to gables and rear wall.
Gothic Revival style.
Plinth, lintel and sill bands, first floor band, moulded brick
eaves. Windows are mainly plain sashes, those to the ground
floor with pointed arches. 2 storeys plus basement and attics;
3 window range. Acute-angled corner site.
Symmetrical garden front has a recessed centre with a single
first-floor window. Side bays have a 2-light window on each
floor with central shaft, the ground floor windows pointed
arched. Attics have 2 box dormers. Single pointed arched
window on splayed and corbelled corner to left.
Angled entrance front has a square tower porch, 3 stages, with
pyramidal roof. 2 pointed arched openings, datestone above,
and arcaded third stage. To right, 2 polygonal bays with 1/2
windows. To left, a canted bay window, 2 storeys, 3 lights,
with pyramidal roof.
Outside, flanking the porch, coped balustrades, 2 and 3m long,
with 2 square gate piers. Beyond, to right, rendered brick
boundary wall with gabled brick coping.
To left again, former coach house, 2 storeys, with elaborate
traceried timber framing and pargeted panels to the first
floor conservatory. Square wooden oriel window on brackets,
with transomed ogee headed lights. Rendered ground floor with
C20 cross casement.
This building is part of Hine's development of the Park Estate
for the 5th Duke of Newcastle.
(The Buildings of England: Pevsner N: Nottinghamshire: London:
Listing NGR: SK5657039711
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings