History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

The Old Manor

A Grade II* Listed Building in Weobley, Hereford, County of Herefordshire

We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?

Upload Photo »

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »


Latitude: 52.1603 / 52°9'37"N

Longitude: -2.8764 / 2°52'34"W

OS Eastings: 340148

OS Northings: 251699

OS Grid: SO401516

Mapcode National: GBR FC.634M

Mapcode Global: VH77K.3Y7S

Plus Code: 9C4V546F+4F

Entry Name: The Old Manor

Listing Date: 20 February 1953

Last Amended: 10 November 1987

Grade: II*

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1349868

English Heritage Legacy ID: 149888

Location: Weobley, County of Herefordshire, HR4

County: County of Herefordshire

Civil Parish: Weobley

Built-Up Area: Weobley

Traditional County: Herefordshire

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Herefordshire

Church of England Parish: Weobley

Church of England Diocese: Hereford

Find accommodation in

Listing Text

SO 4051 - 4151 WEOBLEY CP BELL SQUARE (south side)

14/106 The Old Manor (No 2)
[formerly listed as
House immediately adjacent
20.2.53 to above on E]


House. C14, with C17 alterations, and some mid-C19 and mid-C20 repairs.
Timber-frame with painted brick infill on a coursed rubble plinth under a
tile roof. H-plan, hall aligned east/west with inserted stack at the west
end of rubble with a brick shaft. North front of two storeys to the jettied
cross-wings, one storey to the hall. The left-hand cross-wing has a 2-light
casement over three single-light casements, the right-hand cross-wing has a
4-light casement under a plank weathering over two 2-light casements. The hall
has a 4-light C17 window with moulded mullions and transoms, frame and sill.
The entrance to left of right-hand cross-wing has a two-centred timber head
and a C17 boarded door. Framing of hall range three square panels high.
Right-hand cross-wing has cusped curved angle braces. The truss has a single
strut to the cambered collar. The bargeboards are carved with blind quatre-
foils. The jetty is supported by curved brackets. The left-hand cross-wing has
similar cusped angle braces, the truss has two raking struts. The bargeboards
are cusped with pierced quatrefoils. On the right-hand return wall there is a
window of two blocked trefoil lights with a quatrefoil in the spandrel. Interior
the central truss of the hall is a base cruck, cusped above the collar. Both
cross-wings have central trusses with cusping. (RCHM, 3, p 199, no 21).

Listing NGR: SO4014851699

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Selected Sources

Book cover links are generated automatically from the sources. They are not necessarily always correct, as book names at Amazon may not be quite the same as those used referenced in the text.

Source title links go to a search for the specified title at Amazon. Availability of the title is dependent on current publication status. You may also want to check AbeBooks, particularly for older titles.

Recommended Books

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.