This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.7353 / 52°44'7"N
Longitude: -2.56 / 2°33'35"W
OS Eastings: 362287
OS Northings: 315448
OS Grid: SJ622154
Mapcode National: GBR BS.0NH5
Mapcode Global: WH9CV.NH5W
Entry Name: Church of St Bartholomew
Listing Date: 18 June 1959
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1351606
English Heritage Legacy ID: 362293
Location: Rodington, Telford and Wrekin, TF6
County: Telford and Wrekin
Civil Parish: Rodington
Traditional County: Shropshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Shropshire
Church of England Parish: Longdon-on-Tern St Bartholomew
Church of England Diocese: Lichfield
LONGDON UPON TERN Church of St Bartholomew
SJ 61NW 22/440 18.6.59
Built in 1742, a small Georgian red brick church drastically altered and extended
in late C19.
Nave with C19 2-light traceried gothic windows in stone with buttresses between
with stone set-offs. C19 bellcote over west end and short C19 chancel at east end
with 3-light lancets, tiled roofs with gabled ends with stone coping, moulded
kneelers and stone covered eaves cornice. C19 gabled south porch.
Interior: entirely late C19 with gallery at west end and arched brace timber roof.
Listing NGR: SJ6228715448
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings