This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 50.8361 / 50°50'10"N
Longitude: -0.7807 / 0°46'50"W
OS Eastings: 485956
OS Northings: 104776
OS Grid: SU859047
Mapcode National: GBR DGS.FFS
Mapcode Global: FRA 967W.KNQ
Entry Name: The Cathedral Church of the Holy Trinity and Cloisters
Listing Date: 5 July 1950
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1354261
English Heritage Legacy ID: 299790
Location: Chichester, Chichester, West Sussex, PO19
County: West Sussex
Civil Parish: Chichester
Built-Up Area: Chichester
Traditional County: Sussex
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): West Sussex
Church of England Parish: Chichester Cathedral
Church of England Diocese: Chichester
593/3/265 THE CATHEDRAL CHURCH OF THE HOLY TRINI
05-JUL-50 TY AND CLOISTERS
Mainly the work of Bishop Ralph de Luffa (pillars and arches of the nave
and choir) 1091-1123. Retro-choir 1199, aisles 1223-1244. Lady chapel 1288-1305. Tower and spire, originally C13 and C15 respectively, rebuilt after fall in 1861 by Sir Gilbert Scott and Slater. Cloisters C15. (Restoration 1840-60 by R C Carpenter and J Butler. 1901 - north-west tower replaced by J L Pearson).
Listing NGR: SU8594204787
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings