This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.7729 / 51°46'22"N
Longitude: -1.6146 / 1°36'52"W
OS Eastings: 426691
OS Northings: 208312
OS Grid: SP266083
Mapcode National: GBR 5T9.SRD
Mapcode Global: VHBZZ.YPTS
Entry Name: The Vicarage
Listing Date: 1 March 1990
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1357109
English Heritage Legacy ID: 422341
Location: Shilton, West Oxfordshire, Oxfordshire, OX18
Civil Parish: Shilton
Built-Up Area: Shilton
Traditional County: Oxfordshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Oxfordshire
Church of England Parish: Shilton
Church of England Diocese: Oxford
SHILTON CHURCH IANE
SP20NE The Vicarage
Vicarage. c.1860. Possibly by Street. Rubble with Cotswold stone roof.
Functional Gothic style. 2 storeys. 4 bays, projecting gable to left, 2
gables over 1st floor windows to right. 2- and 3-light windows with
triangular heads, relieving arches over ground floor windows; head of a
window above gabled porch (next to gabled break), flush-panel door with
Gothic traceried overlight in triangular shape. Group of 4 chimneys in
line on south flank wall, group of 3 to right of centre on ridge. An
economical and simple design in Gothic dress.
Listing NGR: SP2669108312
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings