History in Structure

This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.

Former Vicarage to North of St George's Church

A Grade II Listed Building in Millom, Cumbria

Approximate Location Map
Large Map »
Street View
Contributor Photos »

Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.

Coordinates

Latitude: 54.2092 / 54°12'33"N

Longitude: -3.2721 / 3°16'19"W

OS Eastings: 317127

OS Northings: 480023

OS Grid: SD171800

Mapcode National: GBR 5MLR.DW

Mapcode Global: WH722.QG1H

Entry Name: Former Vicarage to North of St George's Church

Listing Date: 14 July 1989

Grade: II

Source: Historic England

Source ID: 1357574

English Heritage Legacy ID: 76338

Location: Millom, Copeland, Cumbria, LA18

County: Cumbria

District: Copeland

Civil Parish: Millom

Built-Up Area: Millom

Traditional County: Cumberland

Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Cumbria

Church of England Parish: Millom

Church of England Diocese: Carlisle

Find accommodation in
Millom

Listing Text

MILLOM ST GEORGE'S ROAD
SD 18 SE
(south-west side)
15/38
Former Vicarage to north
of St George's Church
(qv)
GV
II
Vicarage, now old people's residence. c.1875. Possibly by Paley and Austin.
Coursed stone rubble with ashlar dressings, slate roofs. North elevation of 2
storeys with attic to 1st 2 bays, and 3 bays, single-storey service range to
west. 1st floor sill course. Windows mostly 8-pane sashes. 1st bay of ground
floor has canted gabled bay window with cross-casement; 2nd bay has 2 sashed
windows, segmental-headed paired sash to 3rd bay. 1st floor has paired sashes
to 1st 2 bays, paired sashed windows to 3rd bay. 2 gable-end stacks and
cross-axial stack. 2nd bay has gabled dormer and leaded glazing. South
elevation has 2nd and 3rd projecting gabled bays, roof swept down to east, 2nd
bay has stair window. 3rd bay has 3-light double-chamfered mullioned window
with triple sash over and 3-light casement to roughcast attic; east return has
entrance with date: 1876 to embattled lintel. Stack in roof slope. 1st bay has
lean-to outshut and flat roofed single-storey extension. East elevation has
sashed windows and 4-light casement to attic with leaded glazing.

Listing NGR: SD1712780023

This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.

Other nearby listed buildings

BritishListedBuildings.co.uk is an independent online resource and is not associated with any government department. All government data published here is used under licence. Please do not contact BritishListedBuildings.co.uk for any queries related to any individual listed building, planning permission related to listed buildings or the listing process itself.

British Listed Buildings is a Good Stuff website.