This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.0207 / 53°1'14"N
Longitude: -0.1214 / 0°7'16"W
OS Eastings: 526109
OS Northings: 348695
OS Grid: TF261486
Mapcode National: GBR JVS.L4L
Mapcode Global: WHHLH.3BGL
Entry Name: Church of St Margaret
Listing Date: 3 February 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1359725
English Heritage Legacy ID: 196235
Location: Langriville, East Lindsey, Lincolnshire, PE22
District: East Lindsey
Civil Parish: Langriville
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: The Brothertoft Group
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 24 NE LANGRIVILLE FERRY ROAD
9/22 Church of
Parish church. 1828, probably by Jeptha Pacey, repaired and
altered 1885. Red brick, some render to plinth. Slate roofs.
Brick coped gables with kneelers. Modillion frieze under the
eaves. Moulded plinth. Buttressed. Nave, west porch and small
chancel. West bellcote with 4 centred arch flanked by single
piers with single narrow blind recessed arched panels to each
side. Modillion frieze over with single central small gables to
east and west. Topped with stepped gable and single cross.
Angle buttressed porch with chamfered pointed arched entrance.
Inner 4 centred arched doorway with door with pointed arched
panels. Above the porch is a single rectangular recessed blind
panel with Tudor style hood mould, over is a single narrow rect-
angular opening. The north nave of 3 bays divided by buttresses,
each bay with single pointed arched 2 light window with wooden
cusped panel tracery. The east nave has a single blind recessed
chamfered 4 centred arched panel to the right of the chancel.
The apex of the nave with single small rectangular opening. The
east chancel with single similar smaller 2 light window with 2
C19 slate memorials under. The south nave corresponds to the
north. Interior. Chamfered chancel arch. Pews with pointed
arched panels. Cl9 octagonal ashlar font. This church was one
of many built in this area after the Fen Churches Act of 1816.
Listing NGR: TF2610948695
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.