This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.1931 / 53°11'35"N
Longitude: -0.4728 / 0°28'22"W
OS Eastings: 502130
OS Northings: 367313
OS Grid: TF021673
Mapcode National: GBR FN6.THQ
Mapcode Global: WHGJ6.QZ2Z
Plus Code: 9C5X5GVG+6V
Entry Name: Church of All Saints
Listing Date: 23 August 1967
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1360529
English Heritage Legacy ID: 192286
Location: Branston and Mere, North Kesteven, Lincolnshire, LN4
Civil Parish: Branston and Mere
Built-Up Area: Branston
Traditional County: Lincolnshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lincolnshire
Church of England Parish: Branston All Saints
Church of England Diocese: Lincoln
TF 03 67 BRANSTON & MERE CHURCH ROAD
CHURCH OF ALL SAINTS
Church. C11, C12, C13, C14, C15, 1836. Restored by Sir G C Scott 1876. Restored
again after fire in 1962 by F C Davis. Tower, nave, double north aisle, vestry,
chancel south aisle and porch. Coursed rubble with ashlar dressings. Quoins, plinth
and lead roofs. West tower Cll and C12, west round-headed doorway to south. Single
west window. C13, with Y-tracery. Four 2-light C12 bell openings with single shaft
and cushion capitals. C15 crenellation with crochetted pinnacles, and C15 spire with
lucarnes. West windows to north aisle 2-light and to south aisle 3-light both C14.
Nave has C11, long and short work on south-west corner, crenellated C15 clerestory
with pinnacles. North aisle has 2, C15, 2-light windows and single, C14, 3-light
window. Similar windows to north and outh of outer aisle. Vestry, originally built
as school room, 1836. Chancel completely rebuilt inm 1963 de-based Gothic style.
South aisle has 4-light, C15 window to east, and 2, 2-light, C15 windows to south.
Gable porch, C15 but heavily restored in C19. Four, C15 clerestory windows, 3-light,
under 4 centred arches. Interior, 3-bay arcades C13 with octagonal shafts, moulded
capitals 2 with broad leaf bands, one has wooden branches with single leaves, and
double chamfered arches. C15 tower arch. Wooden nave roof is C20 copy of original
C15 roof. Chancel C20 with re-used 3 arched sedilia. C19 pulpit and fine C13 font.
Fine C15 pews with bench ends decorated with simple poppy-heads and coarse tracery.
Monuments. 1736 to Sir Cecil Wray by Thomas Carter. 1770 to Lord Bertie.
Listing NGR: TF0213067313
Other nearby listed buildings