This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 53.9027 / 53°54'9"N
Longitude: -2.3465 / 2°20'47"W
OS Eastings: 377327
OS Northings: 445226
OS Grid: SD773452
Mapcode National: GBR DR19.SQ
Mapcode Global: WH96B.X5RG
Entry Name: Arnot House
Listing Date: 29 December 1952
Last Amended: 27 April 1984
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1362326
English Heritage Legacy ID: 183325
Location: Chatburn, Ribble Valley, Lancashire, BB7
District: Ribble Valley
Civil Parish: Chatburn
Traditional County: Lancashire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Lancashire
Church of England Parish: Chatburn Christ Church
Church of England Diocese: Blackburn
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 10/12/2015
SD 74 NE
(Formerly listed as Laneside Farmhouse, previously listed as Armot House or Laneside Farmhouse)
House, 1677. Limestone rubble with sandstone dressings and stone slate roof. Double-pile plan. 2 storeys with attics. Facade has central gabled porch with upper storeys oversailing on a string course. Windows mullioned with double chamfers, hoods, and leaded glazing. To the left of the porch is one of 6 lights with king mullion. To the right is one of 5 lights. On the 1st floor are ones of 2 lights and 3 lights to the left, with a blocked single-light window to their left. To the right of the porch is one of 4 lights. The porch has a 3-light stepped window on the 1st floor, with a one light attic window. The moulded door surround has a shaped lintel inscribed 'IBM 16 77'. The inner doorway has a chamfered surround and a studded door with strap hinges. Chimney on left-hand gable and in line with right-hand side of porch. The left-hand (west) gable wall has a one-light attic window. The right-hand gable has C17th mullioned windows on the ground and 1st floors, of 2 lights to the left and 3 lights to the right. The attic window is of 3 lights. The central ground-floor window is of later C19th type, of 2 lights with mullion. At the rear are double-chamfered mullioned windows, including a cross window on the 1st floor at the west side. Interior. The right-hand front room has a plaster panel over a later stone fireplace. It has 3 crude pilasters, now truncated, and decoration of tendrils and acorns. Above it is inscribed 'IB 1677 MB'. The left-hand front room has a wide fireplace with chamfered segmental arch. The voussoirs have masons' marks ('H' and 'I') inscribed. 2 chamfered stone door surrounds lead to the rear rooms. Marked as 'Armot House' on 6" Ordnance Survey map.
Listing NGR: SD7732745226
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings