This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Street View is the best available vantage point looking, if possible, towards the location of the building. In some locations, Street View may not give a view of the actual building, or may not be available at all. Where it is not available, the satellite view is shown instead.
Latitude: 51.0128 / 51°0'45"N
Longitude: 0.7645 / 0°45'52"E
OS Eastings: 594019
OS Northings: 127348
OS Grid: TQ940273
Mapcode National: GBR RY9.G3J
Mapcode Global: FRA D6HF.MPJ
Entry Name: Parish Church of St Mary the Virgin
Listing Date: 16 August 1962
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1362959
English Heritage Legacy ID: 180419
Location: Stone-cum-Ebony, Ashford, Kent, TN30
Civil Parish: Stone-cum-Ebony
Traditional County: Kent
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Kent
Parish Church of
St Mary the Virgin
TQ 92 NW 13/381 16.8.62.
Chancel with north and south chapels, nave with aisles, south porch and west
tower with beacon turret. The whole church was rebuilt after a fire in 1464.
Three bay nave with crown post roof. Late Perpendicular screen to north chapel
Restoration by Ewan Christian 1874. Roman altar to Mithras under the tower.
Listing NGR: TQ9401927347
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings