This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.4916 / 51°29'29"N
Longitude: -1.8938 / 1°53'37"W
OS Eastings: 407471
OS Northings: 176965
OS Grid: SU074769
Mapcode National: GBR 3TR.G1B
Mapcode Global: VHB3R.4R6X
Plus Code: 9C3WF4R4+JF
Entry Name: Group of six monuments in the churchyard south of chancel of Church of St. Peter
Listing Date: 15 August 1985
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1363674
English Heritage Legacy ID: 316712
Location: Clyffe Pypard, Wiltshire, SN4
Civil Parish: Clyffe Pypard
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Clyffe Pypard St Peter
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
This list entry was subject to a Minor Amendment on 21/12/2018
SU 07 NE
WOOD STREET (north side)
Group of six monuments in the churchyard south of chancel of Church of St. Peter
(Formerly listed as Group of six monuments in the churchyard south of chancel of Church of St. Michael)
Group of six chest tombs lining sarsen sett path. Late C18-earlyC19. North of path, from west:
RALPH BROOME, 1768, Limestone, fielded panel with recessed corner quarter balusters, cavetto moulded base and table.
FRANCIS BROOME, 1793 and SUSANNA his wife, 1831, outlined panel with similar quarter balusters and moulded table.
Illegible, C18, oval panel on foliaged field, corner pilasters also foliaged, moulded table.
ISAAC WOODWARD, 1835 and MARY his wife, died 1852, two round incised panels, recessed corner balusters and moulded base and table.
South of path, from west:
WILLIAN ?, 1740, limestone, plain, chamfered plinth and moulded table.
RICHARD GARLICK, 1779, limestone, decorative incised foliage, recessed corner balusters, moulded plinth and table.
Listing NGR: SU0747176965
Other nearby listed buildings