This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 51.416 / 51°24'57"N
Longitude: -2.1228 / 2°7'22"W
OS Eastings: 391554
OS Northings: 168557
OS Grid: ST915685
Mapcode National: GBR 1RR.447
Mapcode Global: VH96K.5N3W
Plus Code: 9C3VCV8G+9V
Entry Name: The Corner House
Listing Date: 20 December 1960
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1363927
English Heritage Legacy ID: 315473
Location: Lacock, Wiltshire, SN15
Civil Parish: Lacock
Built-Up Area: Lacock
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: Lacock with Bowden Hill
Church of England Diocese: Bristol
LACOCK CHURCH STREET
( north side)
4/39 No 2 (The Corner House)
House, early C17 on late medieval core, rubble stone with some
timber-framing and stone slate roofs. The main range is C17 two-
storey with ridge stack, 2-gabled to Church Street, with ovolo-
moulded long stone-mullioned windows and hoodmoulds. Left side has
3-light each floor, right has 4-light with king mullion each floor.
West end gable has similar 3-light over two 2-lights paired under
one hoodmould. Short rear wing adjoins with door and 2-light over.
North end wall has 3-light timber-mullioned ground floor window and
similar 4-light over. Gable is timber framed. A larger rear wing
adjoining to east has west side exposed framing and roughcast north
end. To right of main front is low timber-frame and red brick
range continuously roofed with No 3 (q.v.).
Interior: in right section and extending into C17 range are 3 full
cruck trusses, possibly C14 hall house, now partly in No 3. C17
range has finely panelled south west room with GC 1633 inscribed,
moulded Tudor-arched fireplace and finely moulded beam with unusual
carved stops. One moulded Tudor-arched fireplace upstairs.
Listing NGR: ST9155468557
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings