This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 51.2816 / 51°16'53"N
Longitude: -2.1846 / 2°11'4"W
OS Eastings: 387223
OS Northings: 153624
OS Grid: ST872536
Mapcode National: GBR 1T7.LHC
Mapcode Global: VH979.21YV
Plus Code: 9C3V7RJ8+J5
Entry Name: Church of Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 5 November 1987
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1364266
English Heritage Legacy ID: 313822
Location: Heywood, Wiltshire, BA13
Civil Parish: Heywood
Built-Up Area: Heywood
Traditional County: Wiltshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Wiltshire
Church of England Parish: North Bradley, Southwick and Heywood
Church of England Diocese: Salisbury
HEYWOOD CHURCH ROAD
ST 85 SE
Church of Holy Trinity
Anglican parish church, now redundant. 1849, possibly by Harvey
Eginton, for Henry G.G. Ludlow. Coursed rubble stone, with ashlar
dressings, Welsh slate roof with coped verges and ashlar gabled
bellcote with three openings to west. Decorated style. Four bay
aisled nave, chancel, and north vestry, south porch. Large gabled
porch with moulded pointed doorway with attached shafts, cusped
lancets to sides. South aisle has two 2-light geometric windows
left and right of porch, four trefoils to clerestory. Chancel has
two 2-light geometric windows to south, good 6-light east window
with reticulated tracery, north side has one window and lean-to
vestry with pointed doorway. North aisle has four geometric
windows, cusped trefoil to east and ashlar stack, four trefoils to
clerestory. West end has 4-light geometric window, diagonal
buttresses, set-back west ends of aisle have 2-light windows.
Interior not accessible at time of survey (July 1986). Porch has
chamfered pointed doorway with planked door. Nave has pointed
arcade and chancel arch. All fittings removed since church
closed. Stained glass in east window of 1876 by Ward and Hughes.
Good early example of Ecclesiological Movement.
(N. Pevsner, The Buildings of England, Wiltshire, 1975)
Listing NGR: ST8722353624
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings