This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
We don't have any photos of this building yet. Why don't you be the first to send us one?
Latitude: 52.5423 / 52°32'32"N
Longitude: -1.519 / 1°31'8"W
OS Eastings: 432716
OS Northings: 293940
OS Grid: SP327939
Mapcode National: GBR 6KG.LS6
Mapcode Global: VHBWC.MC9D
Plus Code: 9C4WGFRJ+W9
Entry Name: Church of the Holy Trinity
Listing Date: 30 March 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1365167
English Heritage Legacy ID: 309190
Location: Hartshill, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, CV10
Civil Parish: Hartshill
Built-Up Area: Nuneaton
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: Hartshill Holy Trinity
Church of England Diocese: Coventry
HARTSHILL CHURCH ROAD
SPS9SW (East side)
5/97 Church of The Holy Trinity
Church. 1841-1848 by T.L. Walker. Hartshill granite rubble with red brick, blue
brick and sandstone dressings. Plain-tile roof has stone-coped gable parapets.
Nave and shallow apsidal chancel. Neo-Norman style. 8 bays. Moulded brick
plinth, pilaster buttresses, and moulded blue brick corbel table throughout.
West front has very large and deep portal of 6 orders; arches have zig-zag, ball
flower, serpentine and other mouldings in blue brick. Sandstone shafts have
scalloped, interlaced, waterleaf and other capitals. Chamfered shouldered
doorway has double-leaf doors and roundel with cross in the tympanum. Narrow
left and right bays have 2 tiers of windows between buttresses. Windows have
blue brick roll-moulded round arches throughout. Gable has brick tumbling, and
row of 4 blind quatrefoil roundels of sandstone. Large wheel window of sandstone
with columns as spokes. Small square turret at apex of gable on 2 coved corbels
with grotesque masks, and pointed elliptical louvred opening between them.
Moulded brick string course, and stone pyramid roof. Bell chamber openings have
simple outer arch, inner arch with sandstone nook shafts, and 2 louvred openings
to each side. Return sides have doorways to first and eighth bay, with windows
above. East doorways are bricked up; west doorway has plank door. Windows have
continuous moulded sill course forming hood mould above doorways. East gable of
nave has small turret with louvred openings and remains of stone cross.
Semi-circular apse has 3 windows. Interior is plastered with moulded cornice and
flase ceiling. -Arch to apse is unmoulded. West gallery on 4 shafts with
scalloped capitals. The interior was redecorated in 1939 and 1948 by N.F.
Cachemaille-Day. Stone octagonal Gothic style font.
(Buildings of England: Warwickshire; p307)
Listing NGR: SP3271693940
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings