This site is entirely user-supported. See how you can help.
Latitude: 52.6553 / 52°39'18"N
Longitude: -1.563 / 1°33'46"W
OS Eastings: 429654
OS Northings: 306481
OS Grid: SK296064
Mapcode National: GBR 5GQ.FNH
Mapcode Global: WHCGZ.YJV8
Plus Code: 9C4WMC4P+4Q
Entry Name: Austrey Baptist Church
Listing Date: 23 May 1988
Source: Historic England
Source ID: 1365186
English Heritage Legacy ID: 309241
Location: Austrey, North Warwickshire, Warwickshire, CV9
District: North Warwickshire
Civil Parish: Austrey
Built-Up Area: Austrey
Traditional County: Warwickshire
Lieutenancy Area (Ceremonial County): Warwickshire
Church of England Parish: North Warwickshire All Souls
Church of England Diocese: Birmingham
AUSTREY MAIN ROAD
Stl20tlE (North-east side)
2/8 Austrey Baptist Church
Baptist chapel. 1808. Flemish bond brick with brick dentil cornice. Slate roof.
2 storeys; 3 bays. Symmetrical front has C20 double-teal doors, with brick
segmental arch, set within a blank round arch. Small round-arched windows with
glazing bars. All openings have keystones and imposts. Plain shallow-pitched
gable has clock Attached slate monument slab on right, signed C. Cooper and
dated 1825 etc. has incised decoration and inscriptions to the Burton family.
4-bay return sides; fourth bay is slightly set back, Left side has many blocked
windows arid an external stack. Right side has plank door with segmental arch to
fourth by, arid blocked window above. 2-bay rear has altered or blocked
openings. Interior has gallery with panelled front on slender iron columns above
entrance. Opposite end is panelled, with gallery above. Mid/late Cl9 fittings.
(VCHH: Warwickshire: Vol IV, p9)
Listing NGR: SK2965406481
This text is from the original listing, and may not necessarily reflect the current setting of the building.
Other nearby listed buildings